Privacy Statement iDoctor B.V.
If you register yourself on any iDoctor website, within the Network for Medical Professionals, e.g. this website, this is always voluntarily, you are required to fill in certain data fields and a username and password. With this registration your identity will be disclosed to iDoctor. The term ‘personal information’ in this statement refers to information that can be used for your identification, such as your name, workplace, area of interest, gender, occupation, demographic information, BIG-/registration number and e-mail address. We do not collect information about race, political or religious views and health condition. Registration is required to be able to visit our websites and to be able to check whether you are a registered medical professional. We point out that if you decide to withhold certain required personal details, this will only effect the completeness of your profile. Your profile can be changed any time by yourself.
Other Personal Information.
To enable colleagues to contact you, we encourage that you provide practical information, like ‘area of interest’ and working place, to be used to identify and/or contact you, including a name, and email address. You may be invited to join discussion groups, or receive relevant messages sent by colleagues (‘inform a colleague’) and iDoctor in through this website.
Your personal details will only be used for which you submitted them and for analysis on behalf of limited statistical purposes and legal obligations. Furthermore, if you agreed to receive our e-mail newsletters, iDoctor can send you non-binding information. Our special video newsletters, produced during conferences, is one of them. Should you however choose not to receive the e-mail newsletter any more, you can easily unsubscribe from these newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe button in each newsletter at anytime.
From that moment on, you will not receive our e-mail newsletters until you wish to receive them again. To activate our e-mail newsletters again, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com, or click the ’Yes, I want to receive free updates’ ticker box, located in the footer on each webpage.
Collecting user Information actively
There are different methods in which we collect information:
- When you register on this website you will be required to provide sufficient personal information to establish an iDoctor account;
- After registering and creating an account, you are encouraged to provide us with supplementary information to create a more detailed profile;
- When you email us, you provide us with your name, contact details, and other personal information as part of your message;
- You may provide us with personal information when you telephone or email us to request assistance or information.
- We may contact you from time to time to share vidointerviews about national- and international conferences. These will be presented to you by e-mail newsletter.
Collecting user information automatically
We use tracking technologies such as cookies to collect anonymous information relating to the use of this website. “Cookies” are small files that enable us to store and collect specific information related to the use of our websites on your devices. They help us to analyse the number of people who use this website, usage frequency, User behaviour.
After logging in to your account on this website, we use so-called ‘session cookies’ to identify you during your session. Upon the termination of your session, the session cookie is automatically deleted. We also use ‘persistent cookies’ to record information about repeat users of this website. Persistent cookies help us to improve the services we offer you. Persistent cookies do not contain any personal information.
The information we automatically collect about you and your use of this website include:
- IP address;
- BIG query;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- landing pages accessed;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages or parts of pages;
Third party advertising including and analytics
We offer advertising space e.g advertising banners to external parties so we can offer our websites for free. We do not share personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. When we place banners on our website, they may collect or we may share performance data (such as the number of clicks on a banner); Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time. The information collected may be used to measure how effective advertisements are. These analytics do not contain any personal information.
iDoctor uses Google services, operated by Google, Inc., California, USA (‘Google’). Google Analytics is a web analytics service, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. Any information generated by the your use of our websites (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the USA. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of this website, compiling reports on website activity for iDoctor and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law. More information about Google’s data privacy and security can be found here. Please see Google’s page on ‘How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps’, and Google’s terms and policies.
With respect to Google Analytics, the following additional safeguards apply: we have activated IP anonymization so that your IP address will be shortened by Google within the European Economic Area before the data is forwarded and stored in the USA; only in exceptional cases are IP addresses sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will not combine your IP address collected via Google Analytics with other data that Google holds.
You can edit the settings of your browser to prevent cookies from being stored, to limit the storage of cookies to certain websites, or such that your browser informs you every time a cookie is sent. You can also delete cookies from your computer’s hard drive at any time. However, if cookies are deactivated you might not be able to use our websites.
To opt out from Google Analytics, please click here.
Communication, initiated using our websites (invite a non-Member, share an article, invite members to join a Discussion group) will list your name in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide the recipient with information about who sent the invitation, your contact information and your profile will be shared with that colleague.
How will we use your details
The personal details that you provide on our websites may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life, published in your profile (for example, your picture or your name may reveal your gender).
We use your information described above to:
- Conduct research for the improvement of our websites;
- Use your personal information to communicate with you. If you wish to stop receiving information from us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each newsletter we send, contact us here or change your profile yourself by signing into your account directly;
- Process your personal information in order to avoid its accidental or unlawful destruction, as well as its loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure;
- Use your personal information to generate statistics. We generate statistics for internal purposes in order to constantly improve this website. You can object ti this by contacting us here.
Sharing of personal information with third parties
iDoctor does not share your personal information with third parties unless we have obtained your prior consent. iDoctor reserves the right to share personal information with contractors (web agencies and webmasters) who assist iDoctor in this website and help you to change your profile or uploaded article(s). We may also share personal information in response to legal process or when the law requires it (for example, in response to a court order) or, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to protect the rights, property or safety of iDoctor, this website, You and users of this website and others.
iDoctor may also disclose Personal Information as is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against a person or entity who may be violating iDoctor’s Terms & Conditions, or who may be causing harm to, or interfering with, other users of this website. In the event that assets of iDoctor are transferred or sold to another entity, personal information may be transferred to the acquiring entity and/or to potential acquiring entities to the extent permitted by applicable law.
You may at any time examine your personal details as processed by iDoctor. Should this information be incorrect, you may request to have it adjusted. Such requests for inspection or correction of your details can only be made in writing to iDoctor B.V., attn. Staff@idoctornet.com, Sleepboot 11c, 3991 CN Houten, the Netherlands. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact this address in case you have questions about the way iDoctor handles your personal details.
We have secured our websites with SLL (Secure Socket Layer) certificates and hosting is being done Sentia , certified for hosting (ISAE 3402, NEN 7510 and ISO 27001).
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and password which relate to your access on iDoctor websites and/or any account you set up with us. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities which occur in relation to this. You should not share your User ID or your password with anyone. Please contact us if you believe your ID or password has been compromised. We will not be responsible if there is unauthorized access to your login details or unauthorized activity on our websites as a result of sharing your login with anyone else, unless this was due to our negligence.
The personal information that iDoctor collects from you and that you provide to iDoctor is processed in the Netherlands and is stored on servers in the Netherlands. The Dutch Personal information Protection and Electronic Documentation Act has been developed to provide adequate and similar protection to that which applies within the European Economic Area.
Despite our efforts regarding security it is important to remember that the internet is not secure as is. Information communicated through the internet may be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of personal information sent to us using our websites. You accept that you use our websites at your own risk.
- require information about whether your personal information is retained and access to your personal information secured, including processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal information is disclosed and where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal information will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- request rectification, removal of your personal information, if this is not possible by changing the information in your personal Profile yourself and content submissions;
- receive the personal information which you have provided to us, in readable format and to transmit those data to you;
- refuse to provide your personal information to third parties;
- You have the right to object the processing of your personal information;
You may exercise the rights referred to above free of charge by sending us an e-mail: email@example.com
Closing your account/Profile
- If you have created an account on our website, we will close your account upon your request. To do so you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-mail newsletters can be unsubscribed in each newsletter.
- This statement exclusively applies to iDoctor websites within the Network for Medical Professionals, e.g. this website.
iDoctor reserves the right to update this statement anytime.
This document was last changed on June 1st 2018